- Opening—President’s Welcome: Alessandro opens the meeting and welcomes everybody. We are very happy to have so many participants via TEAMS, which was offered for the first time. A special thank goes to Kris and Steve who will be leaving the board as of today.
- Acceptance of the Draft Minutes AGM 2019: The minutes are accepted without any comments.
- President’s Message: Alessandro summarizes what happened in the different projects EGATS is involved in over the last year and also what happened after his report was published.
MSP and night suite are put on hold and a new split off from the OSM project is being started. The o(verflow) controller, a(ssistant) controller concept, which is looking to renew the AC role and to define the legal framework for an OC. There are worries by the members who fail to see how a Centre already as twice as productive as any other ANSP, can benefit from any new concepts of operation.
Alessandro acknowledges this fear, but at the same time underlines, that he defines EGATS role to be open minded and constructive to be invited to follow these studies, rather than to fight them from the very beginning. Both studies are still At a very early stage, TTR SIMs planned for mid- September, Briefing sheet item to call for volunteers will be published soon and Alessandro and Fred are already planned for the 2 sets of simulations.
SMART is working on a wish list of technical requirements to give a chance to the concept to work
- Executive Secretary: Michael has nothing to add to his report.
- Professional and Technical Work items
- Optimized Sector Manning project (OSM): (see 3)a))
- Professional Behaviour Committee (PBC): No meetings happened for a long time.
- Roster Revision Team (RRT): No meetings happened for a long time.
- Training section: We received an official answer regarding our letter about checkouts in the simulator. However the concerns are still there. A simulator checkout can just not be compared to a checkout with real traffic, even when exercises are designed just for that checkout. There is basically nothing we can do anymore, since the regulator and management support the concept, except hoping that it will remain a temporary exception during these special circumstances, where traffic disappeared leading to a delay in all training activities.
- INREP: From our point of view the system is working well, even when we have only very few reports at the moment.
- Membership: EGATS membership is not decreasing anymore, because most MAASMIL colleagues have joined and many new Ab-Initio’s are joining as well. We are very happy that the trend of a decreasing memberships has been stopped. As well we are working on new membership cards, which we will hopefully be able to deliver to you until the end of the year.
- Frederic as appointed EVP Europe describes the “safe the skies” petition, which is promoted by IFATCA and is asking for your support to stop putting financial pressure on our business whilst airlines are receiving unlimited support.
- EGATS hopes to host the 2021 ERM now and Eurocontrol assured their support. A special thank for Philip for his help with the webpage and to Fred and Raf for their support as well.
- Flight Department: Vincent is doing a great job. As well Adrian is working on a procedure to set up a system to enable professional familiarisation visits, which could hopefully be supported by our management as well. We are working on a familiarisation flight programme with Ryanair as well, where we established some contacts to the Niederrhein base.
- Treasurer: Steven was unable to attend the AGM, but Michael shows his report to the meeting. There are no comments or questions and Steven is discharged unanimously.
- Overview 2019
- Audit Committee—Discharge of Treasurer for 2019
- Budget 2020
- Elections EB 2020: Kris Scicluna and Steve Mention did not reapply anymore. Sascha Martin, Alessandro Mercati and Raf Vigorita did reapply and Kay Rabel did apply as new board member. The board shrinks to 11 positions and Kay’s application is confirmed. Congratulations!
- Election Audit Committee/Election Committee: Robert Gustafsson and Andrew Souyioltzis volunteer as audit committee. Philip Marien and Frederico Petrocchi as election committee.
- Work items for the upcoming year:
- Organisation ERM 2021
- OSM (OC/AC concept)
- Training section
- AOB: There is one question asked about the latest email send by our director. Is it forbidden to carry over any leave this year? Luckily the reps from the SC could clarify this and explain, that it is not forbidden to carry over the normal 12 days of leave.
- Closing: The meeting is closed at 17:34.